The research center is always interested in motivated candidates for research, development and practical implementation of the obtained results. See our profiles or our current developments and projects. Cybertronica Research offers a stimulating and vibrant work environment that is challenging, supportive and rewarding. We're committed to providing our staff with a superior working environment that allows them to continually develop their skills. Employees enjoy significant career potential, with excellent working conditions, opportunity for international travel, competitive salary and a broad range of benefits. Feel free to contact us.
Open Position of R&D Engineer
Research Center of Advanced Robotics and Environmental Science in Stuttgart, Germany is looking for excellent candidates with expertise in electronic & mechanical development/production, sensing and robotics for a position in projects on bio-hybrid, underwater and advanced sensing systems.
Degree Level: M.S. in Computer Science or Engineering with at least 3 years of prior experience or Ph.D.
Your Duties and Tasks:
Perform research and develop in one or more of the following fields:
- Electronic development for autonomous sensing/robotic systems, full cycle of PCB development, production, assembling and testing;
- Mechanical CAD development, RepRap/CNC production;
- Embedded programming of ARM-based distributed/collective microsystems;
- Digital signal processing;
- Tests of experimental sensing systems.
- Excellent knowledge and proven expertise in electronic/mechanic development and embedded programming;
- C/C++ programming expertise;
- Experience with modern software engineering tools such as EAGLE/Mentor Graphics, ProEngineer/SolidWorks;
- Experience working on robots and/or simulation environments;
- Mathematical background sufficient for implementing algorithms of digital signal processing;
- Background knowledge of general biological and quantum concepts is desirable;
- A good level of spoken and written English is required;
- Experience working independently and efficiently in a large international team;
- Ability to multitask and deliver on challenging development tasks;
- Self-motivation and interest to personal development;
What we offer:
- International collaboration on European level;
- Experience of preparing and working with international grants and business projects;
- The position is limited to 4 years, further employment is possible;
- Working with unique bio-hybrid and unconventional sensing systems, collective and swarm robotics;
Applications in PDF format should be sent by email to info(at)cybertronica.de.com with the subject line "Application". Please indicate in the cover letter your availability date. A list of publications, projects and your main achievements must be included.